Here is an outline of all the key components that you and your business will benefit from when going through our program:
- Benefits & Risks of Exporting- common mistakes
- Assessing your Export Readiness – factors to consider before exporting and export readiness assessment tool
- Conducting International Market Research-internet resources and international business plan template
- Export Basics- frequently asked questions on export financing, export documentation, and export compliance issues.
- Import Basics- frequently asked questions on importing.
- International Trade Resources -websites and community programs
Development of SBIR initiative, The Innovation Technology Mentoring Program:
The Innovation Technology Mentoring Program has been developed in order to offset some of the costs involved with SBIR and other innovation technology grant applications. Through the Innovation Technology Mentoring Program: businesses located in the cook county area will be eligible for up to $2,500.00 match of total mentoring/consultant services cost.
The Innovation Technology Mentoring Program comprises of:
Identifying funding opportunities, and matching a company’s strengths and capabilities with the right Federal agency solicitation.
Assistance with grant writing and evaluation.
The Illinois International Trade Nafta and Latin America Trade Center at NORBIC are funded
in part by the Illinois Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and
the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO).